Thursday, November 21, 2019

12 Days of Gratitude: Day Five - My Career



There is a big difference between a Job and a Career. For most of my adult life I have worked jobs – some that I liked, some that I tolerated, and some that I hated – in order to feed and clothe my kids and to keep a roof over our heads. All the while I slowly plugged away at building my one-day career. Like The Little Engine That Could, I have chugged and chugged and things have unfolded, doors have opened, jobs have parlayed into so much more, and now my one-day career is my actual now-career. There really are no words to express how incredibly fun it is to actually make a living by being creative, passionate, playful, and by contributing little bits of goodness to the world.

Today I am abundantly grateful for my career.