Tuesday, November 19, 2019

12 Days of Gratitude: Day Three - My Home



I grew up with the phrase “Your Home is Your Larger Self.” I took that to heart and my bedroom growing up was a wall-to-wall Emily blowout. And now, in my home, it is same. The colors; the warmth; the boundaries and the safety I have created for myself; the candles, the music… It’s all me. And, as I continue to adopt Marie Kondo’s practice of only keeping things (clothes, books, everything…) in my home that “Spark Joy” it continues to become more and more so. With this planet literally covered with people that are homeless and/or living in conditions that we would all consider uninhabitable, how can I not be deeply grateful that I not only have a roof over my head, but that living under it brings me joy?

Today I am abundantly grateful for my home.